- 1) Use a grate in the bottom.
- 2) Be careful with how the heat deflector is placed in the grill.
- 3) Ensure that all of the parts of your setup are cleaned out and allow plenty of airflow.
- 4) Charcoal.
- 5) Reusing charcoal.
- 6) A big fire is hotter than a small one.
How do I get my Kamado Joe hotter?
Slide the top cap so that a small sliver of air is open and the vent holes are fully open. Temperature control will be made by sliding the top vent into place if temperatures rise or sliding it off to the side a little to increase the temperature.
How do you make a kamado fire?
- Remove any leftover ash so that it doesn’t clog up the air vents.
- Open the bottom vent.
- Place the largest charcoal pieces on the bottom that way your air holes are less likely to become clogged..
- Dump in the charcoal.
- Place the firestarters and light them.
How do you start a fire in a vision grill?
Starting Your Vision Grill
How long does it take to get Kamado Joe Hot?
Don’t use lighter fluid. Charcoal can take a while to reach your target temperature, so place the lid on your grill and allow the coals to heat up. Usually this takes about 10-15 minutes, but measure the internal temperature of your grill with a thermometer.