- Once your grill is plenty hot, apply cooking oil to the griddle top, using your tongs and a wad of paper towels to spread the oil evenly across the entire cooking surface – even the edges and sides.
- Once the oil is evenly distributed, simply let it cook.
- You’re Officially Good to Grill.
What oil should I use to season my flat top grill?
Because you need to be cooking steaks at a high temperature, the best oil for flat top grill will have a high smoke point. Much like griddling, we’d recommend using vegetable oil, canola oil, or olive oil for grilling.
How do you oil a flat top grill?
Do NOT do this when seasoning your flat top griddle! #warning #bbqfam
Do you put oil on a Blackstone griddle before cooking?
FIRST TIME: Blackstone Griddles are pre-seasoned with cooking oil to prevent rust and damage during shipping. For first time use, wash the griddle in hot, soapy water. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD USE SOAP ON THE GRIDDLE.
How do you season a grill?
- Before turning the grill on, coat the surface of the grate with high-heat cooking oil.
- Wipe any excess oil off the grate with a paper towel, then turn the grill on high for about 15-20 minutes or until the oil starts to burn or smoke.
- Tip: After each use, let grill your grill cool.
What is the best oil to use to season a Blackstone griddle?
Blackstone Chef Nathan Lippy recommends using flaxseed oil to season a Blackstone griddle. While you can use other high-heat oils to season your griddle, flaxseed oil is perfect for the very first seasoning round of your griddle, as it creates a strong layer of polymerized oil.
What happens if you don’t season your Blackstone griddle?
Answer: Failure to season a griddle may cause food to stick to the griddle, and food may taste bad if the griddle was not cleaned before use. If the griddle was used before seasoning: Clean the griddle throughly.